Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Problem with Hostas-- Part 2: Not!!

Other than sometimes coming under slug attack, these are remarkably effortless plants, other than having to dig them up and divide them every 4-5 years.

It is amazing how much nurseries charge for them, however. Especially when they are so easy to transplant.

I have a favorite story about one of my hostas. I had dug one up and, having no place to plant it, threw it on top of my burn pile. I came back a month later and found it growing. Something that wanted to live that badly just had to be planted; which I did.

This week, I will be digging up some more and taking them over to the Kellehers to put around their gazebo over on Fox Lake. Last year, they planted some of my hostas around their huge old cottonwood tree and they're coming in fine.


I have several others that are going to have to be moved because they have gotten too big. I have three major hosta areas as well as many scattered around the flower beds.

One Great Plant. --RoadDog


LIVING NEAR CHICAGO...If you stop and ask for directions on Chicago's West Side, you'd better be armed.

No comments: