Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Cleanest the Boat's Ever Been When We Took It Out of the Water-- Part 1

Out of the water that is.

Yesterday, despite threatening weather, we decided the time had come to put that boat in the water. Plus, Frank was here and Liz tends to get a bit confused the first time she deals with the boat each season.

Stopped at the hardware store for a new power light, but the one we bought didn't work, so had to take it back. I was blocking some area between the truck and boat trailer and Navotney's is usually not very busy, but I sure brought in the customers and was in the way a lot. Plus, a big semi with a load of snowmobiles (snowmobiles?) came in. I was jealous of how easy he backed it in. You should see me backing the boat up. Not a pretty sight, but some find it hilarious.

I find it embarrassing.

Then to the American Legion where we got the Sons of the American Legion annual launch pass for $25.

After several attempts, I finally got the boat in the water.


A SHORT BOATING SEASON

Frank and Liz went out in the boat while I took the trailer over to Kora's where we leave it for the season. The subdivision association won't let us park it in the yard.

I had it in when Kora got a call that I needed to bring it back. Last fall, the steering had gotten bad and I told the marina to take care of it when they winterized the boat. It still was bad.

Hitched up the trailer again and then back to the Legion, but Liz and Frank weren't there.

More to Come. --RoadDog


YOU MIGHT BE FROM CHICAGO IF...You end sentences with an unnecessary preposition like "Where's my car at?" Or, "If you go to Jewel, I wanna go with."

No comments: