Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

To Our Dads

This Father's Day, Liz and I are without ours, as we have been since 1997.

My dad died in 1997 at age 69. He would have been 83 this year. I was really hoping to get to enjoy his company after my retirement, but it was not to be. He is the reason I am such a Civil War buff and newspaper reader among other things. he is the reason I still have the junior in my signature.

He worked most of his career with the Quaker Oats Company, which is how I ended up in Illinois (the home office is in Chicago).

However, he was not into music at all and was always after me while growing up for buying too many records. I sure liked to rub it in with how much money I was making off those worthless records while I was deejaying.

Liz's dad, Ambrose, would have been 100 this coming July. I really got along with him and have missed him since he died in 1986 at age 75.

He owned a small corner store in Chicago and worked for General Finance Corporation before retiring.

Sure Miss You and Still Thinking About Both of You.

No comments: