Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Has It Already Been Five Years Since I Retired?

Yesterday, Liz and I went to the Magee Middle School and Round Lake Middle School joint last day of class parties at Dockers in Fox Lake, Illinois.

It is hard to believe that just five years ago, I was celebrating my very last day of teaching when they had it May 26, 2006. I thought years were flying by the last half of my teaching (33 years), but nothing as fast as it has been going since I retired. A month starts and, bam, it's over. Hey, this year is almost half over. Didn't we just have New Year's Eve?

Although, technically, my sixth year doesn't begin until they have to go back to school in August. Hey, I had the summer's off anyway.

Retired, and DEFINITELY Enjoying It. --RoadDog


Today, I start a new Last Words. These deal with living near Chicago. Some of you folks from elsewhere may not understand some of the stuff, but Chicagoans will.

LIVING NEAR CHICAGO...First you learn to pronounce the city name. It is Chi-caw-go, assuming you live north of Roosevelt Rd.. Otherwise it's Chi-ca-ga.

No comments: