Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, June 20, 2011

The Big Man's Left Us

Sorry to hear that E Street Band saxophonist Clarence Clemons died over the weekend. Last week, I had heard that he was hospitalized in serious condition.

This morning, on WXRT, I heard Lynn Brammer talking about it. He said that a horse named E Street Shuffle had won his race at Mammoth Race Track in New Jersey at 3-1 odds and ridden by a jockey named Elvis. He then played Bruce Springsteen's "Thunder Road" that featured Clemons on sax.

He was a favorite of mine and I have most of Springsteen's albums as well as even one from 1983 that Clemons did called Rescue by Clarence Clemons and the Red Bank Rockers.

Last Monday, we lost Carl Gardner, lead singer of one of my favorite groups, the Coasters.

Both obituaries are are in my history blog, http://cootershistorything.blogspot.com.

So Long Big Guy, We'll Miss You. --RoadDog

No comments: