Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Enjoying the Surf Right Now

Most mornings on the old 'pute, I listen to Allen Vick on WNCT-AM out of Greenville, North Carolina, playing Beach, Boogie and Blues, but obviously he must be on an extended vacation these past two weeks.

Instead, I have been enjoying North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina's 94.9 FM, the Surf, which is back on the air after being off for three months. They play Beach Music and are evidently now owned by WNMB, which plays oldies.

I used to listen to it all the time when they had my favorite Beach Music Deejay, Billy Smith, but unfortunately, he died. I didn't much like T-Bear who replaced him.

However, now they have Skipper Summers who I like now that I've heard him several times. It's be a hard call who I listen to now in the morning slot.

Ted Bell comes on the Surf at 10 am, 9 am my time, and Freakin' Deacon is on in the afternoons. He is a real experience.

Gettin' My Beach When I Can. --RoadDog


LIVING NEAR CHICAGO...If it's 60 degrees in April, it's opening day at Comiskey. (I don't call it by that other name.)

No comments: