Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

NC Spring 2013 Trip: March 31-- A Family Easter

MARCH 31ST--  SUNDAY

Of course, this being Easter Sunday, I went to church with Mom.  First, though, Sunday School in my dad's old class.  These men always remind me so much of him, I enjoy being with them and listening to them talk.  You always get sports and especially college belittling amongst NC State, Carolina, Duke and East Carolina.

During the church service, the congregation went to the front and placed flowers on a cross, a new tradition for me as I had not seen it before.  Quite an impressive cross with all those flowers and taken out afterwards and placed in front of the church.  I later saw another flower cross in front of the Presbyterian Church.  This is a nice thing to do.

Went to Willowdale Cemetery and placed flowers at my dad's grave and that of my mother's parents.

Then visited Wayne Memorial Cemetery on the way to Warsaw and paid our respects to my father's parents.

Visited my cousin Graham's family in Warsaw.  It is always great to have a family get-together on special days.  And, some really fine food.

Came home and watched the rest of the two tournament games.  I wasn't happy about Louisville beating Duke and didn't care much about the Michigan-Florida game.

Watched the end of "The Bible" and "The Vikings" on History Channel.

Mom was saying what the people on "The Bible" said even before they spoke.

Heading Home Tomorrow.  --RoadDog

No comments: