Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Springfield Spring 2013: April 20th-- In and Around the Capital City

Stopped at the Rock and Roll Hardee's on the way to the Crowne Plaza for a breakfast bite.  Liz dropped me off and I went to the SCV meeting.  We had 25 people there from four camps around Illinois.  I'll write more about this in my Civil War blog.

In the afternoon we had lunch and then a talk by a councilman from the Army of Tennessee.

Liz picked me up and we then went to Recycled Records and then the the new Camp Butler Civil War exhibit at the Elijah Iles House, Springfield's oldest home.

Stopped at Norb Andy's Taberin and George Ranks for drinks and baseball games.  Norb Andy's dates from the 1840s and George Ranks from the 1940s.

Later to Curve Inn (1932) and Southside Pub (1960s) at the hotel.

Busy Day.  --RoadDog

No comments: