Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Saturday Is Record Store Day!!! Get Out to Your Local Mom and Pop Record Store

Last Saturday, I stopped into my local Mom and Pop record store, The Vinyl Frontier, in downtown McHenry, Illinois and bought CDs by the Knack and Squeeze.  I asked the owner when Record Store Day was and he said this coming Saturday, April 20th.

I was disappointed as we plan on being in Springfield, Illinois, that day, but there is a really good record store there called Recycled Records.  I'll go there after the Illinois Sons of Confederate Veterans Division meeting.

These stores are a special place to me.  They are definitely not corporate and perhaps some would call them cluttered.  But, it is my kind of clutter.  And, here, you can still flip through those albums, one of my favorite things to do.  Like look for buried treasure, you never know what lies behind that next album.

You can go to the website and find any of the stores near you.   www.recordstoreday.com.

I still miss three of my favorite old Mom-Pop stores: The Record Rack in Goldsboro, NC, Full Cyrkle in Crystal Lake, Illinois, and Record Revolution in Dekalb, Illinois.

From a Gung-Ho Album Flipper.  --RoadDog

No comments: