Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 23, 2015

N.C. Summer 2015 Trip-- Part 2: Another Day Driving, Grazing and Shopping

July 21, Tuesday

Took the road from the LaQuinta 6.7 miles south to US-33 and then that to West Virginia.  Only 4 stoplights and speed limits at least 55 mph and as high as 70 on the limited access stretches.  There are even two rest areas on this stretch, something you don't often see on US highways.

Stopped at Dogpatch Crossing for gas.

Then I took I-77 to Charleston after which it turned into the West Virginia Turnpike and into Virginia.  Made my usual stop at the Virginia Welcome Center for my peanut fix.  Then a fill up at the cheapest gas place on the trip, Wytheville, Virginia, where gas was $2.36, cheapest of the trip.

On into N.C. and a stop at Mt. Airy where I was too late for that porkchop sandwich, but did manage to graze at Golden Corral.  Back to I-74/US-52 to Winston-Salem then US-421 to I-40.  Unfortunately I hit the Raleigh-Durham area right in the midst of rush hour, never a good thing, but not as bad as it could have been.  Then got on US-70 east to Goldsboro.

I stopped at J-Rs and thought I would get out of there without buying anything until I happened upon the Christmas store section.  Also stopped at a Wal-Mart to stock up on my CheerWine, a N.C. favorite.

Arrived at Mom's and found out that my brother Bob had caught an opossum in his basement.  Later, he called to say he had caught another one.

One Possum, Two Possum.  --RoadDog


REDNECK COMPUTER TERMS:  BAR CODE--  Them's the fight'n rules down da local tavern.



No comments: