Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, July 17, 2015

WLS Top Ten from July 23, 1965: "I Like It Like That"

Due to an impending trip, I am going ahead on these for a couple weeks.

1.  SATISFACTION--  Rolling Stones
2.  I'M HENRY THE VIII, I AM--  Herman's Hermits
3.  CARA MIA--  Jay & the Americans

4.  WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW--  Jackie DeShannon
5.  WHAT'S NEW PUSSYCAT--  Tom Jones
6.  SAVE YOUR HEAR FOR ME--  Gary Lewis
7.  I LIKE IT LIKE THAT--  Dave Clark Five

8.  BABY I'M YOURS--  Barbara Lewis (No relation to #6.)
9.  I CAN'T HELP MYSELF--  Four Tops
10.  LAURIE--  Dickie Lee

18.  DOWN IN THE BOONDOCKS--  Billy Joe Royal
30.  I GOT YOU BABE--  Sonny and Cher  (These last two were the big songs from my 1965 fishing trip to Canada.)
39.  PAPA'S GOT A BRAND NEW BAG--.  James Brown  (Was this his first big hit for white audiences?)  No.  he had national hits back in the late 50s, but they rarely cracked the Top 40.  But starting with this song, the Godfather of Soul started his most successful run on the pop charts.)

"Each Time We Part My Heart Wants to Die."  --RoadDog  Answer to the lyrics below.


ANSWER THIS:  Why did we put a man on the moon before we realized it would be a good idea to make  luggage with wheels?


"Cara Mia"

No comments: