Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, July 13, 2015

WLS Top 40 Survey for July 9, 1965-- Part 4: "Satisfaction"

10.  FOR YOUR LOVE--  Yardbirds
9.  WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW IS LOVE--  Jackie DeShannon
8.  WONDERFUL WORLD--  Herman's Hermits

7.  CARA MIA--  Jay & the Americans  (That Jay could really sing.)
6.  I WANT CANDY--  Strangeloves  (Good ol' Frat Rock.)
5.  MR. TAMBOURINE MAN--  Byrds
4.  WOOLY BULLY--  Sam the Sham

3.  I'M HENRY THE VIII I AM--  Herman's Hermits
2.  I CAN'T HELP MYSELF--  Four Tops
1.  SATISFACTION--  Rolling Stones  (The song that really put them on the map.)

Lots of British Invasion.  Two Herman's songs and NO Beatles?  What gives?

"I Know a Girl Who's Soft and Sweet.  She's So Fine, She Can't Be Beat."  --RoadDog

"I Want Candy"


ANSWER THIS:  When do you become important enough to be considered assassinated and not just murdered?



No comments: