Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Round One vs. the Squirrels Goes to Humans

In our continuing battle to keep those squirrels out of the bird feeders, we may have struck one for the human folk.

I had a two-liter pop bottle attached to the iron pole of the schoolhouse feeder (where I put squirrel favorite sunflower seed), but they just reached over it and proceeded to the feast.  On Friday, I added a big plastic planting bucket upside down and above the plastic 2-liter bottle.  It is attached by string to the top of the pole and very movable.

Saturday, Mr. Gray Squirrel came a calling, and to his dismay, found he kept falling off the new bucket.  There were several attempts made and much staring and tail-twitching and puzzled glances, as well as changing positions for better looks, but nothing came to him.

With a last mighty twitch, he ran off down the sidewalk and I haven't seen him back since.

I fill so proud of myself, but also am sure he will figure out a way to get his treats.

But, I WIN Round ONE!!  --RoadDog

No comments: