Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, September 3, 2018

WLS Top 40 for September 2, 1968-- Part 6: "Fool On the Hill"


15.  YOU'RE ALL I NEED TO GET BY--   #7   Marvin Gaye / Tammi Terrell  Terrell.  What a pairing.  At 2:35, much too short.

14.  FOOL ON THE HILL--  Sergio Mendes    #6   Who are those gals singing?     Sergio was born in 1941 in Brazil

13.  SOUL LIMBO--  Booker T. & the MGs   #17   A great instrumental.  If I ever had a radio show, this would be my intro-outro music.

12.  JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE MIND--  Amboy Dukes    #16    Their only Top 100.  They packed about 15 minutes of music into 3:34 thanks to the flying fingers of one Ted Nugent.  Watch him play on the video.  Amazing.

11.  I SAY A LITTLE PRAYER--  Aretha Franklin      #10  Her second song on the Silver Dollar Survey for this week.  We sure lost a voice a few weeks ago.  She did such a great job with call and response to her backup singers.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "The Moment I Wake Up, Before I Put On My Makeup."  Answer below.  --RoadDog



"I Say A Little Prayer"

No comments: