Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

9-11, 17 Years Later


Earlier today, I put up my U.S. flags and, as I do, all seven of my blogs were about September 11, 2001.

I was teaching my seventh grade social studies class when a teacher came down the hall and told me about it.  I immediately went to my radio and that is what we did the rest of that class and for all classes that day.  I explained the background behind the attacks.

Seriously, I never thought those buildings would come down like that.  The images of those buildings standing with the dense smoke coming out of them near the top against that deep blue sky will forever be with me.  It is still weird to see a pre 9-11 movie or TV show with those towers on the screen.

No comments: