Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, September 1, 2018

WLS Top 49 for September 2,1968-- Part 3: "Sunshine of Your Love"


30.  THE HOUSE THAT JACK BUILT--  Aretha Franklin     #8  Especially considering she died a couple weeks ago.    Great Song.

29.  DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF ME--  Mama Cass    #12   Taking an old standard from 1931 into the 1960s.  First recorded by Ozzie Nelson (you know, Ricky Nelson and the TV show).  Also by Wayne King and His Orchestra.

28.  SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE--  Cream     #5  Their biggest hit.   Unmistakable opening riff.

27.  THE WEIGHT--  Jackie DeShannon     #55   And I was sure the Band did it first.  After all it was their song..  But, the Band did it first, but it only peaked at #68.  One of my all-time favorite songs.  However, I don't sing it very well on karaoke.  But I try.
.
26.  HELLO, I LOVE YOU--  Doors   #1   Another grab you right away opening riff.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "I Pulled Into Nazareth I Was Feeling Bout Half Past Dead."    Answers below.  --RoadDog

YOU'RE BECOMING A GEEK WHEN:  You can type faster than you can speak.


"The Weight"

No comments: