Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Time in Our Little Home

Christmas has come to our little Spring Grove home, Margartitaville in Key North, the name of the bar downstairs and house here in Spring Grove. Looks like Santa Jimmy paid us a visit.

I'm listening to a tape I made of Little Steven's Underground Christmas show right now and getting into the spirit. I like his show because he plays a lot of Christmas songs you don't hear all that often. Cruising in my truck, I have a new Trans-Siberian Orchestra CD, "The Christmas Attic" that I am enjoying. Of course, we've played Jimmy's Christmas CD as well as the Beach Boys one many times.

We have six big Christmas trees: one outside, two upstairs and three downstairs. There are probably ten other small Christmas trees as well. Every window has inside lights as well. Lots of artificial poinsettias are around as well as one real one. Liz has amassed quite a collection of Christmas wreaths as well.

We have a toy train track under the main Christmas tree and there is a village inside the tracks.

We probably have forty Santa Clauses and a host of other Christmas characters as well as about ten Christmas lighthouses.

Each year, we say we won't buy any more things, but the main culprit is me. I go into a store with Christmas decorations and I can't help myself. It's a disease I tell you!! That's my excuse, anyway.

Tis the Season to DECORATE!! --RoadDog


Two silkworms had a race. They ended up in a tie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice blog . Glad to know about your Christmas lighthouse and Christmas characters. It was nice going through your blog. Ihampers.co.uk