Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Top of the Charts This Date

Using Josh Hosler's website http://www.joshhosler.biz, these are the top songs on the charts for December 4th on selected years.

2009 EMPIRE STATE OF MIND-- Jay-Z & Alicia Keyes
1999 SMOOTH-- Santana and Rob Thomas (was it really that long ago?)
1989 WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE-- Billy Joel-- Great history lesson. How'd he sing so fast and even a better question, how'd he remember all those words? Want to do something fun? Try singing this at karaoke.

1981 PHYSICAL-- ONJ-- getting down and dirty. What would John T. say?
1979 BABE-- Styx
1978 LE FREAK-- Chic
1977 YOU LIGHT UP MY LIFE-- Debbie Boone-- Oh well.

1976 TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT-- Rod Stewart
1975 FLY, ROBIN, FLY-- Silver Connection-- real early disco
1974 KUNG FU FIGHTING-- Carl Douglas-- Everybody was doing what?
1973 TOP OF THE WORLD-- Carpenters

1972 I AM WOMAN-- Helen Reddy-- I always think of the "Coach" episode where the women's basketball coach puts the cow in Hayden's office with a placard "I Am Cow, Hear Me Moo."
1971 FAMILY AFFAIR-- Sly and the Family Stone-- one of my favorite groups of the era and one of my fraternity Delta Sigma Phi's party albums (Greatest Hits).
1970 I THINK I LOVE YOU-- Partridge Family-- I sure liked this one. Singing it in my head right now.

Not Finished Yet. --RoadDog

No comments: