Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Number One Songs This Date, October 1st-- Part 1

It's a new month, time to take a look at the number one songs this date going back 110 years. Personally, I don't remember most of them before 1955...but you never know who might be reading.

Big thanks to Josh Hosler for his Number One in History website: www.joshhosler.biz.

2011 MOVES LIKE JAGGER-- MAROON 5/CHRISTINA AGUILERA
2001 FALLIN'-- ALICIA KEYS
1991 GOOD VIBRATIONS-- MARKY MARK

DECADE OF THE 80S

1989 MISS YOU MUCH-- JANET JACKSON
1988 DON'T WORRY, NE HAPPY-- BOBBY McFERRIN-- Darm, now I've got that song stuck in my head. If you see me whistlin', don't think I've flipped out.
1987 DIDN'T WE ALMOST HAVE IT ALL-- WHITNEY HOUSTON-- Pre-Bobby, not McFerrin either.

1986 STUCK WITH YOU-- HUEY LEWIS-- Could this guy make a great pop song or what?
1985 MONEY FOR NOTHING-- DIRE STRAITS-- Great video back when MTV was really music.
1984 LET'S GO CRAZY- PRINCE-- Before he did that name thing.

1983 TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART-- BONNIE TYLER
1982 JACK AND DIANE-- JOHN COUGAR-- Or do you call him John Mellancamp.

1981 ENDLESS LOVE-- DIANA ROSS/LIONEL RICHIE
1980 ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST-- QUEEN-- I lost count of how many times I played this one at weddings.

And Your Chicks for Free. --RoadDog


PARAPROSDOKIAN SENTENCE: If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

No comments: