Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's Them, Not Me: iPhone5 and Cassette Tapes

Well, yesterday, the much-anticipated release of the iPhone5 came out. People flocked to buy it. I didn't. Many are looking to get rid of their antiquated iPhone4s.

Well, I don't even have an iPhone4, or even an iPhone 3 for that matter. Come to think of it, I never had a 1 or 2 either.

Am I going to buy an iPhone5? Nope. I'll wait for the iPhone6 in a couple months. Nope, I won't buy that either.


CASSETTE TAPES

Yesterday, Lynn Braemer, dj (or uj, upload jocket) on WXRT 93.1 FM in Chicago and cohort Mary Dixon mentioned a small comeback of the cassette tape as a musical entity. Evidently, the Chicago Sun-Times had an article about it.

The two of them beban snickering and crackig wise about my beloved cassette tapes, which I still record on and listen to, despite the increase in difficulty of obtaining them

I was one of the first people to get a cassette recorder back in 1969 and have used them ever since. I was one of the last TJs before I retired completely earlier this year.

Bring Back the Cassette Tapes!! --RoadDog

No comments: