Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, December 19, 2014

Songs From Last Week's WLS Top 30 That I Didn't Know.


As usual, I remember the Top Ten songs fairly well, but see the names of others that I don't remember hearing.  As such, I have to go to You Tube which almost always has the recordings.

Here are the songs I didn't remember.

7.  ASK ME--  Elvis Presley  And I thought I'd heard all his big hits.  A pretty slow one.
13.  SHE UNDERSTANDS ME--  Johnny Tillotson  (Country pop)  Country comes to town.
14.  EVERYTHING'S ALRIGHT--  Newbeats  A take-off on "Bread and Butter."

16.  SCRATCHES--  Travis Wammack  instrumental
17.  RIGHT OR WRONG--  Ronnie Dove  Slow ballad
18.  LEADER OF THE LAUNDROMAT--  Detergents  (See #30)

19.  WEDDING SONG--  Julie Rogers  Was this played a lot at weddings back then?
25.  I JUST CAN'T SAY GOODBYE--  Bobby Rydell     Slow
27.  WALK AWAY--  Matt Monro  Super slow.

28.  THE OTHER RINGO--  L:arry Finnegan  Not Lorne's outlaw desperado, but that guy with that famous band.
29.  FALL AWAY--  Eddie Albert  Slow
30.  DO WACKA DO--  Roger Miller  (OK, I've heard it, but just had to hear it again.)

And, He Had a What?  --RoadDog

No comments: