Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

WLS Top Thirty Survey from December 11, 1964--- Part 1

From Oldies Loon site.

Fifty Years Ago, that's right.  I usually just do the Top Ten, but there were so many interesting songs on the list as well as quite a few I'd never heard of before, I went ahead and wrote all thirty.  There were only 30 listed because they also had the Top Ten R&B songs as well.  *= British Invasion

1.  SHE'S NOT THERE--  Zombies*
2.  MR. LONELY--  Bobby Vinton
3.  I'M INTO SOMETHING GOOD--  Herman's Hermits*

4.  I FEEL FINE/ SHE'S A WOMAN--  Beatles*  (From #18, guess where it will be next week.)
5.  RINGO--  Lorne Greene
6.  MOUNTAIN OF LOVE--  Johnny Rivers

7.  ASK ME--  Elvis Presley
8.  TIME IS ON MY SIDE--  Rolling Stones*
9.  COME SEE ABOUT ME--  Supremes

10.  DANCE, DANCE, DANCE--  Beach Boys
11.  BABY LOVE--  Supremes
12.  ANYWAY YOU WANT IT--  Dave Clark Five*

13.  SHE UNDERSTANDS ME--  Johnny Tillotson
14. EVERYTHING'S ALRIGHT--  Newbeats
15.  GONE GONE GONE--  Everly Brothers

"Anyway You Want It" or "Look Through Any Window" were the first two 45s I ever bought.  I'm still not sure which one was first.

One or the Other.  --RoadDog


No comments: