Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Thanks for the Memories, Ernie!! Mr. Cub

The whole city and area are in sorrow today as we lost a great one yesterday.  Mr. Cub, Ernie Banks, that great of great Chicago Cub, died.

He played for the Cubs from the 50s through the 60s and into the early 70s.  Then spent the rest of his life in Chicago as a Cubs ambassador.  By all accounts he was very approachable, always willing to talk and sign autographs, a real stand-up guy and role model.

I have one Cubs hat (as opposed to about 25 White Sox ones (shows where my allegiance lies.  It is a nice hat which, when I bought it, I said I would wear when the Cubs get to the World series.  I have since changed it to playoffs.  I also wore it when another Cub favorite of mine, Ron Santo, died.

I will be wearing that Cub hat today and for the next week in honor of "Let's Play Two."

"The Cubs Will Shine in Sixty-Nine" and Sure Shone Well for All Those Great Years.   Thanks, Mr. Banks.  --RoadDog

No comments: