Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

I'd Celebrate That!!! Feb. 18-19: Iwo Jima Day Today


FEBRUARY 18

CRAB-STUFFED FLOUNDER DAY--**   Two of my favorite things together?  You kidding me?

NATIONAL DRINK WINE DAY--**  Drinkin' wine spo-de-doh.  I remember those college days with Ripple and Annie Green Springs.  Actually, Liz was given a bottle of Kenny Reid's home-made wine last month and we'll be drinking to his memory.  Miss you Kenny.

PRESIDENTS DAY--**  I was of the opinion this was to honor Washington and Lincoln, but now learn it is to honor all presidents.  Since I just mentioned Millard Fillmore being buried in Buffalo, New York's Forest Lawn Cemetery in my War of 1812 blog, I will honor him.

THUMB APPRECIATION DAY--**    Imagine life without 'em.  Much more difficult.  I came close to losing my right one back in 2008.


FEBRUARY 19

NATIONAL LASH DAY--  Eye lashes that is. What's with the gals with those two-inch-long lashes?  Weird if you ask me.  But, when they bat their lashes, at least you can get a nice breeze on a hot day.

INTERNATIONAL TUG-OF-WAR DAY--**  Few things more fun than this, especially if there is a big ol' mud puddle between the teams, but only if you're on the winning team.

IWO JIMA DAY--**  Today marks the beginning  of it back 74 years ago.  I'll put up my flags.

NATIONAL CHOCOLATE MINT DAY--**   Candy!!  Good!!  Frango Mints and Andy's Nibts and those Girl Scout chocolate mint cookies.  Order me a box.

--RoadDog

SAILOR QUESTIONS  (From the Wassup Magazine):  Which sailor appears in the "Arabian Nights" stories?

Answer:  Sinbad

No comments: