Saturday, February 9, 2019
WLS Top 40 for February 10, 1969-- Part 4: "Soulful Strut"
25. SOULFUL STRUT-- Young Holt Unltd. #3 Chicago instrumental group. Their biggest hit of three Top 100s.
24. INDIAN GIVER-- 1910 Fruitgum Company #5 From New Jersey. A case of broken love, indeed. I loves my Bubblegum Music and I don't care what anybody says.
23. SOULSHAKE-- Peggy Scott and Jo Jo Benson #37 Soul duo. I don't remember this one at all, but it's real good.
22. PROUD MARY-- Creedence Clearwater #2 The song that put 'em on the charts. Their biggest hit. One of the all-time best-ever songs by my all-time, best-ever group.
21. GOODNIGHT MY LOVE-- Paul Anka #27 Born in Ottawa, Canada. Could be a Frank Sinatra song with that whole orchestra and chorus thing going like that.
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "Left A God Job In the City, Workin' For the Man Ev'ry Night and Day." Answer below.