Thursday, February 7, 2019
WLS Top 40 for February 10, 1969-- Part 3: "Good Loving Ain't Easy"
Fifty years ago. The number behind the artist is the highest the song got on the Billboard Hot 1-- on the national; charts.
30. HANG 'EM HIGH-- Booker T. & MGs #8 Some great Western-style music for the Clint Eastwood film of the same name. The Stax session guys for all those great songs.
29. GOOD LOVING AIN'T EASY-- Marvin Gaye / Tammi Terrell #30 Not one of their better-known songs, but a great one, nonetheless. A dynamic duo.
28. CROSSROADS-- Cream #28 How can three guys play this so well. Thanks Robert Johnson. British rock supergroup.
27. THERE'S GONNA BE A SHOWDOWN-- Archie Bell / Drells #21 Another great Beach Music song on the chart. Actual Title "(There's Gonna Be A) Showdown." Whose the Top cat of Dancing?
26. TIME OF THE SEASON-- Zombies #3 Kind of spooky/strange music to go with a name like this. Their last hit song.
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "When Love Runs High." Answer below. --RoadDog
"Time Of the Season"