Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

JSS: Them Dandies-- Lightning Strike-- Cole Kmet-- Rain


JSS--  Just Some Stuff

1.  THEM DANDIES--  It's spring now.  I know because my crop of home grown dandelions are in full bloom.  I should learn how to make dandelion wine.  I could make a real lot of that stuff.

2.  LIGHTNING STRIKE--  Last night we had some bad storms come through.  At one point there was a flash of lightning and at the same moment a resounding boom.  That was close.  I'm sure I felt the shock waves downstairs in the basement where I was watching TV.  If I wasn't awake wen it hit, I was afterwards.

3.  COLE KMET--  The Bears second round pick this strange draft picking.  I just hope they give him more of a chance that they did for NIU players they picked or invited to camp.  Tight ends are the most underused players in the NFL.  They should always be the automatic go to guy when plays fall apart.  Put him in, coach.

4.  RAIN--  Okay, we had that storm last night with the lightning strike then rain off and on (mostly on) all night and now all day.  The drainage basin behind us is about one third full.  I'm sure they're looking into closing the Chain because of flooding.  (But, wait, we don't have a boat anymore so doesn't really matter.)

I really need a few dry and seasonably warm days to get yard work done.  Plus, today is cold enough and wet enough to be prime time for you-know-what.  So, I stayed inside all day, mostly hunkered over this here 'pute a-typing away with my two little fingers.

That was a Real Loud One.  --RoadBang

TOP TEN COUNTRY SONGS:  "She's Looking Better Every Beer."


No comments: