Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, April 10, 2020

WLS Top 40 for Week of April 13, 1970-- Part 2: "You Need Love Like I Do"


35.  EVERYBODY'S OUT OF TOWN--  B.J. Thomas      #26      Love the trombone at the beginning.  Kind of a "V" song these days.Kind of an off-beat song like Peggy Lee's "Is That All There Is."  A Bachrach/David song.

34.  YOU'RE THE ONE--  Little Sister    #23   Soul you can use.  I don't remember it, though.  Like a Sly & Family Stone song.  No wonder, there.  The trio was organized by Sly Stone for his record label.  Yep!  Probably explains it.

33.  WHAT IS TRUTH--  Johnny Cash      #19   (D)  #3 Billboard Country  This is the song he sang at the White House.

32.  CALL ME--  Aretha Franklin    #13   Born March 25, 1942.

31.  YOU NEED LOVE LIKE I DO--  Gladys Knight & Pips     #25     #3 R&B, not one of the better known songs.  Sounded a lot like the temptations' "Cloud 9."  Full title "You need Love Like I Do (Don't You)".

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "My Dearest, My Dearest Of All Darling (Ahoo)"  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Call Me"


No comments: