Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Missing Sports These Days and What To Do About It: Run Those Old Games


I sure do miss sports on TV.  To me, a mighty fine time is sitting at my downstairs bar (Margaritaville) with others or by myself, drinking beer or cocktails, eating snacks and watching a sporting event on the corner of the bar TV.  That, of course, with the tunes playing on my Ultimate Jukebox  (300 of my absolute favorite CDs).  The sound will be just so that the game can just be heard a little above the music.

I can still do all that, all, that is, except watch a sporting event.  Now, if I can figure out how to hook up the VHS VCR to that corner TV,  I could watch the Chicago Bears Super Bowl XX game, or all the Chicago White Sox 2005 World Series games (which I have recorded on VHS).  But, alas, I can't figure out how to do that.

But, what I can recommend to the broadcast TV stations is rerunning great games of the past.  Personally, I'd like to see the entire 1985 Bears season, the Blackhawk Stanley Cup Champion series of 2010, 2013 and 2015.  Also the Cubs 2016 World Series Champions.  Of course, the 90s Bulls and you-know-who.

Oh yes, then, any game where NIU beats Toledo in football as well as our great 2003 season when we beat Maryland, Iowa State and Alabama (that's right ALABAMA).   Two notable players from that team were Michael Turner and P.J. Fleck.  And, of course, the man who made that year possible, Coach Joe Novak.

I'd also like to see some games of the 1967 and 1983 White Sox, 1969 Cubs (or any 1965-1969 Cubs game for that matter) and some of Walter Payton's greatest games.

That Would Get Me Through My Sports Negativity.  Think About It.  --Roadog

LAUGHTER HELPS WITH THE "V":  If you truly believe God loved you, you would touch your face.






No comments: