Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

JSS-- Not Happy About Sunday's Playoffs-- C-O-L-D-- Snow-- Mo' Movies

Just Some Stuff--JSS

1. Sunday was not a good day for me in the NFL playoffs. First the Chargers were handily controlled by the Patriots. I used to like the Patriots and even felt sorry for them after their first two visits to the Super Bowl ended with defeats to Da Bears and Da Pack. But now, they have been winning Super Bowls way too much. Also, the Red Sox have won two of the last four World Series, and who knows how far the Celtics will go this year.

Then, the really bad thing was the loss of the Packers to the Giants. For a team that is supposed to really play well on the frozen tundra, they don't. I don't think Favre even came out in the second half. Hey, look how bad Da Bears whompped them in Soldier Field back in December.

Well, I'll be pulling for the New York Giants to pull off a huge upset on the 3rd of February. However, since I don't really like either team, I'm not going to watch it very closely. At least the Packers not going has saved me some money as I do not have to buy any Super Bowl stuff.

2. Man, has it been downright cold in these parts the last several days. Then, it snowed all yesterday. Judging from how much I had to clear off the driveway this morning, I'd say we got at least 4 inches.

3. Yesterday, after visiting with Frances, my mother-in-law, at the Alden Terrace Nursing Home in McHenry, Illinois, I took advantage of the McHenry Indoor Theater being open. It is closed except for one nightly showing from Mondays to Thursdays. But, because of it being MLK's birthday and schools being closed, they were open.

You just can't beat the $3 matinee prices these days.

I didn't really want to see "27 Dresses" but, it was just starting, so spent my 3 bucks and saw it even though there were a lot more people in attendance than I usually like. Light Romantic Comedies are now called "Chick Flicks." Very true. Of about 100 people, there were only five guys including myself. A whole lot of estrogen in that theater.

Chick flick are not, I really enjoyed it.

I had an hour to kill before the other movie started, so went to Alexi's, a hot dog/gyro place nearby, and had a double dog. It was ok, but I've had better.

Went back to the theater and paid another $3 and saw "The Bucket List." I know that the critics have largely panned it, but how could a movie starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson be bad? It wasn't. Talk about two completely different people coming together for a common goal and their waning months.

Just Passing the Time. --RoadDog

No comments: