Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Two New Movies: "Todd Sweeney" and "Rambo"

The last two days, I saw two current movies.

The first was Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street." I have to admit that I was about ready to get a refund when I discovered it was a musical, but stuck around and was glad I did. I liked the music. As a matter of fact, if they come out with a soundtrack, I just might buy it. Certainly enjoyed the music.

This has to be the all-time strangest musical ever. Who'd have figured there would be one about revenge, cannibalism, and lots of eyeliner. Johnny Depp seems to have found a niche playing off-kilter characters who wear eye shadow.

I am happy to report that it was a private showing for me. I was the only person in the theater.

The second movie was "Rambo." When are the bad guys ever going to learn that you'd better not mess with John Rambo. At least he didn't try to reprise his stud self of the earlier movies. If you like gore and bodies being blown to pieces, this is your type of flic. Plus, there was that interesting game where the Burmese soldiers would throw Claymore mines into a rice paddy and place bets on which prisoner running across it would blow up first. Unfortunately, if they made it across, they were turned around and had to run it again.

I'd definitely see the Sweeney again, but not John.

Nothing Like a Night at the Movies. --RoadDog

No comments: