Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Just Two Fun and Party People--NOT NO MORE!!!


That is Liz and me. I guess our days of doing New Year's Eve on Key West's Duvall Street are at an end. That, by the way was one crazy time and you definitely don't want to be standing on the street at the stroke of midnight.

Yesterday, Liz and I went over to visit with Frances at Alden Terrace nursing home in McHenry. Wished her a happy New Year.

We then drove to Hello Folks in Fox Lake, a favorite NTN spot with lots of friends and great food. We splurged on $2.99 Italian beefs and fries for our New Year's din din. This was also the last day folks could smoke in the place. The whole state went smokeless in bars and restaurants at the stroke of midnight. I am very thankful for that.

Then we went to the New Year's Eve party at the American Legion which went from 1 PM to 7. The place was packed with old fogies like us who just couldn't stay up till midnight.

We didn't even make it until 5, and went home.

Watched "Shrek II" and "The Trouble With Harry"--see today's JSS.

I was finding it very hard to stay awake, even by 10:30. This was one time I actually liked the eastern time zone, since they got to celebrate an hour before us.

Watched Rocking New Year's Eve and got to see that Hanna Montana girl I've been hearing so much about. She was pretty good. Dick Clark definitely had a stroke a few years back. This was the first time I've seen him since then. The new mirror ball is impressive and I understand the electricity used is equal to just that required by ten toasters. Pretty green if you ask me.

Somehow managed to stay up to see midnight and the fireworks in Chicago. We were disappointed that Channel 7 kept showing the revelers while the fireworks were being displayed.

Asleep by 12:15!!!

Too Much Partyin' for this Old Guy. --RoadDog

No comments: