Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Da Beach Top 40

Saturday, I listened to Fessa John Hooks' Beach and Boogie Top 40 Show over the internet. Next to Billy Smith, he is my favorite beach music dj. He knowledge of Beach Music is probably the best around. You can listen to his station, the Endless Summer Network at www.beachshag.com .

The Top 40 is Saturdays from 9-noon EST.

The Top ten songs from January 5th:

1. Why Am I Crying-- Rhonda McDaniel
2. (So Long) Since I Felt This Way-- Russel Thompkins, Jr (of the Stlistics)
3. Love Be With You-- Catalinas
4. Ain't That the Truth-- Danny Brooks
5. Rio de Janeiro Blue-- Randy Crawford & Joe Sample
6. Money Honey-- Craig Woolard Band, feat Andy King
7. I Know It's Hard, But It's Fair-- Holiday Band, feat. Mike Taylor
8. Memories & Souvenirs-- Donny & Susan Drexler, feat. Mark Black
9. Love is Here & Now You're Gone-- Holiday Band, feat. Mike Neese
10. Over and Done-- Ryan Shaw

Numbers 6-9 made me think I was looking at a R&B/Rap/Hip-Hop chart. They always seem to be featuring somebody.

I've Still Got Sand in My Shoes. --RoadDog

No comments: