Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, January 18, 2008

JSS-- Case of the Wrong Restaurant-- Movies

JSS- Just Some Stuff

1. I thought I was supposed to meet Kip at the Triangle Restaurant in Grayslake this morning, and after sitting there for about thirty minutes, decided I must be in the wrong place. Called him and found out I had the right town, but wrong restaurant.

Met Kip and Paul, who I also taught with at Magee Middle School in Round Lake, Illinois, at the nearby Whitney Street. Kip said I was the one who had planned to meet at this new place. Must have been a Senior Moment.

2. Decided to make it a movie double-header at the Fox Lake Theatre and saw $5 matinees for "The Water Horse" and "Cloverfield."

"The Water Horse" was set during World War II and involved a boy who had lost his father in the British Navy and who found the egg of a water horse, which would be the Loch Ness Monster. That brought back memories of the trip back in 2006 around the British Isles that Mom took the family on. We went to Loch Ness, but never did see Nessie.

"Cloverfield" wore me out, with all the herky-jerky camera shooting. The main monster was nasty, but I especially didn't like the little nasties which reminded me of the ones in "The Mist." and "Starship Troopers."

I Recommend Both Movies. --RoadDog

No comments: