Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Sunday Comics and Me-- Part 1 Hunky-Dory's

This past Sunday, two of the comic strips in the Chicago Tribune were about me.

One of my favorite comic strips is Mister Boffo and His Wonder Dog "Weederman."

This one had two guys in an office talking.

First-- "Johnson in accounting says everything is Hunk-Dory."

Second-- "Hunky-Dory?! I don't want hunky-dory, I want facts and figures."

Third-- "Hunky-Dory means nothing! I want charts, graphs, and every bit of statistical data we have."

Fourth-- "You got that?!"

Fifth-- other guy leaving and saying "Okey Dokey."

For many years, we used to go to Florida for spring vacation. A favorite place to stay was at the Beach House in Hollywood Beach. Right across A1A was a great place called Hunky Dory's which was right on the Intercoastal Waterway and featured bands and $1 margaritas.

For some reason, I could never remember the name of the place and kept calling it Okey Dokey's. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't remember it. It kept coming out Okey Dokey.

One year, we went back and I was so proud that I had finally learned the correct name, and wouldn't you know it, the place had been sold and the name changed to Bimini Bay. Well, at least this new name was easy to learn.

What's in a Name? --RoadDog

No comments: