Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Who's Gettin' Old?

Came across the November 14th Zits comic strip, one of my favorites. Jeremy and his dad are having a discussion. His dad is more my age group, 56, and then, there's his son Jeremy who is in high school. They don't always understand each other, and Jeremy thinks his dad is hopeless.

First: Jeremy looks at his father and says: "I'm on this Beatles kick."
Father-- amazed that Jeremy might like the same thing: "It's great stuff, isn't it?"

Second- Father continuing as his eyes focus up in remembrance: "Sgt. Pepper was the soundtrack of my teenage years." He continues, "Kind of like...kind of like..."

Third-- Jeremy: "Like a Gnarls Barkley ring tone is for mine?"
Father: "Yeah. But not."

Well, they tried to connect. Who says I'm getting old. Then there was brother Bob who pretty well wrecked my copy of Sgt. Pepper's while I was away at college. Thanks a lot, Bob.

Waxing Poetically Over Da Beatles. --RoadDog

No comments: