Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

It's High School Football Season Again Here in Illinois: My Five Teams

And, I missed the first game because of the rain threat from dear old weather.  Yesterday it threatened to rain (and did drizzle on several occasions).  Plus, every weather forecast called for heavy rain about game time.

I back five local high school teams.

Palatine High School in Palatine.  This is where I went to school, Class of '69.  I even put up my Palatine Pirates banner on the front porch.

Round Lake High School.  We lived in Round Lake Beach for 17 years and taught in Round Lake schools (though not the high school) for 33 years.

Grant High School in Fox Lake.  We spend a lot of time in that town.  Plus, this is where we keep the boat during the summer.

Richmond Burton High School, serving Spring Grove and Richmond.  We live in Spring Grove and pay a WHOLE LOT OF TAXES to this school.  I have to back my money.

Johnsburg High School.  The school is two miles directly south of us, the closest high school.

Grant and Round Lake were blown out last night.  Johnsburg (the game I wanted to see), rolled by Oregon.  Richmond-Burton won a close one.  Sadly, Palatine lost a close one to Stevenson 26-24.

Hut One, Hut Two.  --RoadDog

No comments: