Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

WLS Top 40 for August 27, 1965-- Part 1 "Laugh At Me"

This is one of the surveys where, instead of just the Top Ten, I do all 40 songs to get a better idea of what was hot FIFTY YEARS AGO.  As usual, there were a lot of songs in the lower reaches I had not heard.  Thank goodness for You Tube.  Now I've heard them.

40.  HOUSTON--  Dean Martin  Was Dean going country on his TV show singing this and "playing" the harmonica?
39.  HEY HO--  Guess Who Live at River Heights Community Club in in Feb. 1966.  Bootleg but good show.  Follow up to "Shakin' All Over."
38.  IF YOU WAIT FOR LOVE--  Bobby Goldsboro  Flip side of "If You've Got a Heart."  I liked the flipside much better.  Both sides made the Top 100#60 and #75.

37.  LAUGH AT ME--  Sonny  As in Sonny without Cher.  This is why Cher does most of the singing.
36.  MOONLIGHT & ROSES--  Vic Dana.  OK, I'd heard it before, just wasn't sure of the title.
35.  WE GOTTA GET OUT OF THIS PLACE--  Animals
34.  BECAUSE YOU'RE MINE--  James Darren.  Neat video with all those bikini-clad young ladies.

33.  NIGHT PEOPLE--  Leaders  Sure hard to find out anything about this group.  Did not make the Billboard Top 100.  On Fantana label.  Group had guys and gals in it.

32.  I LIVE FOR THE SUN--  Sunrays  A great summer song.  They sounded a lot like the Beach Boys.
31.  I'LL MAKE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE--  Ronnie Dove  His 6th top hit, reaching #21 on Billboard.  Sure reminded me of Ray Charles' "I Can't Stop Loving You."

"In This Dirty IOld Part of the City Where the Sun refuses to Shine."  --RoadDog


"We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place"

No comments: