Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

N.C. Summer Trip 2015-- Part 9: On the Road Home

July 29th, Thursday.

Left Goldsboro and got gas in Smithville on US-70.  No problem through the Raleigh-Durham Horror on I-40 as I was running behind rush hour at 9:15 a.m..  Stopped at J-R's in Burlington as I usually do and bought some beach souvenirs.

I-40 to US-421 to Us-52 to Mt. Airy, N.C. for a great porkchop sandwich at Snappy Lunch and bought a book and two Sgt. Rock comic books at Yesterday's, across the street.  Sgt. Rock and Easy Company was by far my favorite comic book when I was growing up.

Then to I-77, gas at Wytheville and then into West Virginia and the turnpike, through Charleston and up to Ripley where I got on US-33 to Columbus, then I-270 and IA-70 to Richmond, Indiana, right on the Ohio line.  Spent the night at Motel 6.

--RoadDog


REDNECK COMPUTER TERMS:  CRASH--  When you go to Junior's party uninvited.



No comments: