Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Classic Rock from A to Z


One of my favorite radio stations in Chicago is The Drive, 96.9 FM and simulcasts at 97.1 up here near Wisconsin. This past weekend they started playing 2000 songs from their vast collection and are going from A to Z.

About 20 minutes ago, they were in the Js. Earlier this afternoon, they were in the "I"s and did 20 songs beginning with "I'm". Then they did 9 beginning with "In". Of course they did the Wicked Pickett's "In the Midnight Hour" and you know they had to play that really sixties song by Iron Butterfly. What was that title, oh yes, "In-a-Gadda-da-Vida". It was the l-o-n-g version with what the dj said was the "Mother of all drum solos."

At this rate, I figure it will take them at least to Friday, or perhaps the weekend to finish. They say even they're not sure how long it will take.

You can see the WHOLE LIST at the website. I just went through the songs beginning with "I'm":

I'm a Believer- Monkees
I'm a Loser- Beatles
I'm a Man- Chicago
I'm a Man- Spencer Davis Group
I'm a Rocker- Bruce Springsteen
I'm Alright- Kenny Loggins- from that hilarious Caddyshack movie
I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide- ZZ Top
I'm Down- Beatles
I'm 18- Alice Cooper
I'm Free- Who
I'm in You- Peter Frampton
I'm Just a Singer (in a Rock and Roll Band)- Moody Blues
I'm Looking Through You- Beatles--ok, let's put the little eyes in those double o's
I'm Losing You- John Lennon
I'm No Angel- Gregg Allman- this song always reminds me of a trip to Las Vegas
I'm Not in Love- 10 CC
(I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone- Monkees
I'm on Fire- Bruce Springsteen
I'm So Glad- Cream
I'm Your Captain- GFR

Give them a listen at http://www.wdrv.com/

Diggin' On That ClassicRock. --RoadDog

THIS DATE IN HISTORY- 1876- a REALLY BAD DAY for Custer and the 7th Cavalry at Little Big Horn. "Please Mr. Custer, I Don't Want to Go."

No comments: