Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Perfect Day


In one of my favorite movies, "Groundhog Day", Bill Murray, when he became aware that he was stuck on February 2nd in cold Punxsutawny, Pa (actually Woodstock, Il), lamented that if he had to be stuck on a day, why couldn't it be that time he met the beautiful girl on a Caribbean island and had drinks and partied all day and night.

Well, boys and girls, I have to say that I had a day that would have to be classified as perfect. Now, I have many ways to have a great day, but this was definitely one.

I woke up at 6:30 AM and put on a pot of coffee while enjoying the deck (which I refer to as "OD", On Deck). The sky was a deep blue and the temp was in the 70s. I listened to Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Roots show on the Drive, 96.9 FM, something I like to do every Sunday from 7 to 10 AM. Today he featured a Roots Salute to Paul McCartney who is turning 65 tomorrow-- 65--EGADS!!! Are we really getting that old? Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys is also turning 65 this week. Like Garth Brooks ably said in his song, "Much Too Young to Be This Damn Old." He played 24 Beatles songs on which Sir Paul was the only composer.

I drank coffee, wrote in the journal, and listened to the birds.

I then watered the backyard as we haven't had much rain in the last week and a half. I have been doing a lot of planting and have to keep those little darlings living. I then planted 12 snapdragons, 12 red salvia, 2 gladidoras, a Russian sage, about 20 mum transplants, one other plant I don't know as well as a groundcover that I don't know.

I didn't get enough sleep last night, so I took a short "Bob" nap out in the gazebo, where I enjoyed the breeze and the shade.

I then went over to Captain's Quarters on Fox Lake and enjoyed talking with friends while listening to an excellent band, the Rhythm Kings.

Came home and am on this right now before I put in a Tombstone frozen pizza into the pizza oven (once you make one in a pizza oven like they have at bars, you'll never want another oven one-they're perfect) and then I plan on going out to "The Grand Strand" and burning some wood as it gets dark. I'll listen to my new "Big Dog Daddy" album by Toby Keith. This is a good one!!!

Sitting OD, drinking coffee, listening to music, working in the yard, enjoying the gazebo, a band at a favorite watering hole, these blogs (which I do enjoy), pizza. and a fire on the Strand. Now, that's a GOOD DAY.

Coca, Chrissy, Rusty, Frank, and ALL THOSE DOGS of Julie and family, have great days. So does old RoadDog.

Every Dog has His Day. --RoadDog

THIS DAY IN HISTORY- 1885- Our largest immigrant-ever, The Statue of Liberty, arrives as a gift from France.

No comments: