Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, June 8, 2007

D-oh!! A New Fan of the Simpsons


I'm really pulling for Springfield, Illinois, to get to host the grand opening of the new "Simpsons" movie in July (see other blog).

I did not like, nor would I watch that show until about three years ago. As a teacher, we REALLY had a problem with the kids, my seventh graders in particular, who were so chock full of Bartisms like" "Eat My Shorts", "Cowabunga", and "Don't Have a Cow, man". That just didn't make it in the classroom, and were they ever using it.

However, I have outgrown it, and now watch such shows as "South Park", "American Dad", and "Family Guy", which, I must admit, I like as well. By the way, young kids should not be allowed to watch these shows. Although they are in cartoon form and feature kids, these are definitely adult themed and make the "Simpsons" look like "Father Knows Best" in comparison.

The Simpsons, which just completed its 18th season and 400th episode is actually getting better. I've seen some of the earlier ones and they don't stack up well with the new stuff. Bart hardly ever gets away when he does something bad. Homer, on the other hand, generally does. I also really like the characters on the show. I also get a kick on what Bart is writing on the blackboard and the couch scene at the beginning of each show.

Cowabunga, Dude! --RoadDog

THIS DAY IN HISTORY- 1965- The State Department announced that US forces would be available for support, the beginning of big-time US involvement in Vitenam.

No comments: