Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Drive Continues... The Letter S


The Drive is now on day seven of the essential rock classics, having started on Friday. They're not sure exactly when they'll finish; perhaps tomorrow or this weekend. I have to admit that there have been a few that I don't recognize by name, but do when I hear them.

While I watched "24" on A&E this morning, the Drive played these songs from 7 AM CST to now:

Shine On You Crazy Diamond- Pink Floyd
Shock the Monkey- Peter Gabriel--loved the video for thiis one
Shoo Be Do/Candy-O- Cars
Shooting Star- Bad Company

Shotgun- Jr. Walker & the All Stars- great song from the opening gunblast sound and wailing sax
Should I Stay or Should I Go- Clash- now I've got that tune stuck in my head

Show Me the Way- Peter Frampton- from "Frampton Comes Alive", the album that defined summer of
1977 for me. This album and Willie Nelson's live album always remind me of visiting Liz's cousin Buster in Kansas City that summer. This is where I was introduced to the Poor Man's Bloody Mary, a beer with tomato juice. That sounds bad, but is actually quite good. I will always remember Buster's wife Lana putting tobasco sauce in his instead of tomato juice after he was boasting about how hot he liked his stuff. Did he ever have a reaction to that.

Showdown- ELO
Shower the People- James Taylor

Signs- Five Man Electrical Band- "And the sign said, long-hair freaky people need not apply."
Silly Love Songs- Wings- well, I don't know about this one- rats, it just got stuck in my mind. I sure
hope I don't go the rest of the day humming it. Curse you, Sir Paul!!!
Silver Blue and Gold- Bad Company- not sure if I ever heard this one

Tune In or Miss It. --RoadDog

No comments: