Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, March 2, 2009

As We Continue With the Demise of My Places and Stuff

Sadly, I just don't much fit into the new stuff these days.

Saturday night, we were playing the hour long NTN-Buzztime game at 8 PM, and, I sure didn't know much of the current stuff.

Hell, I still use cassette tapes when I deejay, although I do have CDs at home, but then, CDs are on their way out. Just go into any store selling them, andther are considerably fewer offered for sale. Just try to find cassettes for sale anywhere.

Then, there is the demise of VCRs and VHS tapes, which I still own and use exclusively. I have never even played a DVD at home.


NOW THIS!!

I see that two more Virgin Mega Stores in San Francisco and New York City are closing now, even though not for the downfall of CDs, but real estate values. Of 23 Megastores in 2002, there are just three left in Orlando, Denver, and Hollywood. How much longer these will be with us is probably not long.

Then, there were the great old Tower Records. No more, no more.

We still have FYE, but I'm sure not for too much longer.

Sad Times Indeed. Dadburn Downloading.--RoadDog

No comments: