Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's Them, Not Me: CDs-- Kids in the Mills-- Where'd the People Come From-- Is NTN Kidding?

Stuff That Burns My Butt.


1. CDS-- Well, one thing I'm NOT going to miss about the demise of CDs is the process of opening one. I didn't mind the cellophane wrapping. I really used to hate taking it off the old LPs as the cardboard covers often, really often, gave me under-the-fingernail cuts, and THOSE REALLY HURT.

What I really hate is that tape at the top with the CD name on it. That is just about impossible to take off in one piece or even twenty pieces. Then sometimes it is attached with a paste that simply will not come off.


2. KIDS IN THE MILLS-- A few weeks ago, I went to Gurnee Mills in Gurnee, Illinois. This is a huge so-called bargain mall (but not-so-bargain if you ask me). I was amazed by how many school-age kids I saw walking around with their parents. Aren't they supposed to be in school? They can't all be home-schooled, or, are they?

If they are home-schooled, I want to sign up for that. I'd just love to go on field trips to the mall or shopping instead of taking those rotten old spelling tests on Fridays.


3. WHERE'D THE PEOPLE COME FROM??-- While in Gurnee Mills, I went to one of my favorite old places, Circuit City, which is closing its doors. For years I noticed Best Buys were packed and Circuit City practically desolate (kind of like K Marts vs. Wal Marts). The line at the check out counters was about to the other side of the store. Where were all these people when Circuit City was trying to survive over Christmas?


4. IS NTN KIDDING?-- Back on the subject of NTN-Buzztime. I see in the San Diego Business Journal that the new leadership is hoping to turn fortunes around. However, the new CEO looks to be doing the CEO Leapfrog, going from one place to another in rapid succession, never a good sign.

Yesterday, shares of NTN were going for 17 CENTS!!! This past year it was at a high of 65 cents and low of 9 cents a share. You can really get more bang for your buck here.

What NTN needs to do is take care of the places they have already subscribing to their services and, take care of the folks who already play the addictive games (like me). That means better field representation.

One great idea would be to not only have national, but local or state competition stats. Make an effort to talk to regulars about what they like and don't like.

Don't look Back, They Might Be Gaining. --RoadDog

No comments: