Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Salt Gouge Hits Close to Home-- Real Close

The last several times I've gone to Val's grocery store in Johnsburg, Illinois, I have found them to be out of solar salt. I have to use it in my water softener. They were selling the 40 pound bags for $4.60.

I had found that other places selling solar salt, in those familiar blue bags, were at $5.25 and higher. I didn't think much of the price difference, figuring they were just more expensive.

Not so. Val's got a big supply of solar salt, but it now costs $5.20 as well.

I've read plenty of towns around here who are unable to get enough road salt at the prices now being charged by the salt companies, but, now here it is at my doorstep, er, in my wallet.

Thanks a Lot Salt Companies. You Should Get Together with Big Oil. --RoadDog

No comments: