Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Goodbye Circuit City

This past Saturday, I paid a last visit to an old friend, the Circuit City store in McHenry. I have been here many times and spent a lot of money over the years, but no more. Either Saturday or Sunday was the last day it was to be open.

I was expecting to see hundreds of people, but there weren't too many at all, perhaps thirty or forty when I was there around 2 PM. Probably because there was hardly anything left to buy. There were only three of four depleted rows of items, mostly CDs and DVDs. They had accomplished just what they had set out to do.

And most of these were rather obscure and not something I would pay full price for. But, at 10%, it was worth taking a chance. I ended buying 14 CDs for $13.36.

Only a couple of the people were wearing the uniform red polo shirts. What was management going to do, fire them for inappropriate attire. To their credit, the employees were friendly and helpful both here and at the Circuit City in Gurnee Mills that I visited a couple weeks ago.

Sure Will Miss the Good Old Red C.C.. --RoadDog

No comments: