Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

One Really Fine Day

Yesterday was one of those great days we occasionally get around here to remind us that summer is on its way, winter is about gone.

Temps got up to the lower 60s and we had lots of sun. Even better, Thursday's howling winds had abated significantly.

I had originally planned to go some places, but early on decided to stay home to enjoy it. Especially after I saw the 40s and rain forecast for today. And they were 100% correct. Rain, overcast and chillier.

I caught a lot of rays out OD (On Deck), did yard work of pruning and pulling up dead perennials and trimmed twigs off the branches Trov cut down last fall. I also got to meet the neighbor's behind us newest addition, a hyper beagle/pug mix puppy. Sad to hear that the economic woes are hitting them hard. He has lost his construction job. Sure hope he finds new work.

He did fight the county assessor to get his taxes reduced...and won!! That's a break for him.

I decided to burn some of the twigs and limbs out on the Grand Strand, what I call the larger of the three patios out by the gazebo. I had a great bonfire going, when the township assessor walked over and asked me about the neighbors to the east of us. Just the guy every one wants to see.

Nice guy and he said he wouldn't say anything about the fire. Burning yard waste is not allowed except for April, May, October, and November. But, I was burning it in my portable fire pit and just burning wood, something that is allowed. I've got plenty of yard waste to burn once its legal.

I had a nice smokey smell when I came in. Yard work, a bonfire and ice cold beer on the first really decent day of the year. Now, that's a great way to spend a day.

Hoping for More of These Days, and SOON. --RoadDog

No comments: