Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, March 30, 2009

JSS: Didn't See It-- Gettin' Lost-- No Kidding!-- No Hurry--

JSS-- Just Some Stuff as I do the two-finger typing from a motel room in North Charleston, SC.

1. DIDN'T SEE IT-- All that big to-do about turning off lights this past weekend was beyond me. We were way out of civilization at a wedding reception for my nephew and in the midst of a torrent of a storm and it was so dark, I wouldn't have noticed anyway.


2. GETTIN' LOST-- We were out at a place called Palmetto Bluff near Bluffton, SC, for both rehearsal dinner, wedding, and reception. This is a gated community for rich folk, and w-a-y out in the sticks. Beautiful place, but poorly marked. We got lost both nights upon leaving. Looks like rich folks would be better able to pay for directional signage.

3. NO KIDDING-- I see a Chicago Tribune report that families are taking more and more to the road for the old fashioned family vacations that I remember so well. A big part of this is because of the expense of airfare and all the hassle that goes along with flying these days.

Other than a June trip overseas, I have essentially quit flying as well. I'll return when prices come down, two pieces of free luggage, and, when I start getting some respect.

4. NO HURRY-- We're not in any hurry to get back home since it snowed about six inches over the weekend. And, the high today is forecast at 40 degrees. It's sunny and about 70 here in Charleston. I vote for the warm.

Thinking We Just Might Stay for Awhile. --RoadDog

No comments: