Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Got My Green On

Well, I definitely got my St. Patrick's Day Celebration in.

Saturday, I deejayed after the St. Patrick's Day parade in Lake Villa, Illinois, at George's Cedar Inn. This is about the 13th year in a row I've done this. Good times, lots of Irish music, and loads of corned beef and cabbage.

I then went to Donovan's Reef in Twin lakes, Wisconsin and had another corned beef and cabbage meal for $5 apiece (except I won a free meal with a shamrock under the plate, I can live with that). We then saw a great local band, String Town, play a wide variety of music from Fleetwood Mac to Bob Dylan and played NTN/Buzztime.

We got a room for the night at the motel.

The next morning, I walked over to Main Street and had a couple Bloody Marys (ok, not green) and played NTN again.

Yesterday, we had great weather and worked in the yard.

Today, I did yard work, caught some rays on deck and then played NTN at Donovan's again and had corned beef and cabbage.

Returned home and had some Bushmills at Margaritaville.

It's a Green Thing, You Wouldn't Understand. --RoadDog

No comments: